Free shipping for orders over $50
Automatic discounts for orders over $50
Getting Started, Getting Connected
Book 1 of “Growing in Christ”
You have given your heart to Jesus. What should you do next? This practical, biblical book, based on Doug Britton’s experience counseling thousands of people, will help you:
- Overcome guilt.
- Deal with doubts.
- Discover how to read the Bible.
- Stay focused when you pray.
- Make genuine Christian friends.
- Share your faith.
Doug Britton, M.Ed., MFT. LifeTree Books. Paperback: 5½ x 8½. Wire “spiral” binding. 86 pages.
How will reading "Getting Started, Getting Connected" help me change?
This book doesn’t just tell you what to do. It shows you how to do it, with:
- Self-assessment quizzes to identify reasons for problems
- “Make it personal” questions throughout the book (with space to write your answers) that help you apply the lessons
- Exercises that help you grow closer to God
- Personal plans that help you change
Is this book cross-cultural?
Yes. Since it is based on the Bible, its truths apply to every racial and ethnic group.
Can I use this book for a small group study?
Yes. Countless small groups and church classes have studied Getting Started, Getting Connected. It includes a small group leader’s guide with:
- Tips for leaders
- Step-by-step meeting plan
- Discussion questions for each chapter
What are some topics covered in "Getting Started, Getting Connected"?
In this book, you will read answers to common questions new believers ask such as:
- I keep sinning. Am I really saved?
- I struggle with doubts. Does God get mad at that?
- What does it mean to be baptized?
- I get confused when I read the Bible. What should I do?
- My mind drifts when I pray. How can I stay focused?
- How can I make genuine Christian friends?
- I feel awkward sharing my faith. What’s a good approach?
Why do readers say they like "Getting Started, Getting Connected"?
- It is practical, cross-cultural, and Bible-based.
- Text is broken into small, easily-digested portions.
- Points are clearly identified with headings, bullets, and check boxes.
- The writing style is direct and straight-forward.
- “Make it personal” questions help readers apply the lessons.
- Wire binding makes it easy to write in the book.
Part of the “Growing in Christ” series
This is the first book in the “Growing in Christ” series. The three books are: