Part of the “Growing in Christ” series
This is the first book in the “Growing in Christ” series. The three books are:
How will reading "Getting Started, Getting Connected" help me change?
This book doesn’t just tell you what to do. It shows you how to do it, with:
- Self-assessment quizzes to identify reasons for problems
- “Make it personal” questions throughout the book (with space to write your answers) that help you apply the lessons
- Exercises that help you grow closer to God
- Personal plans that help you change
Is this book cross-cultural?
Yes. Since it is based on the Bible, its truths apply to every racial and ethnic group.
Can I use this book for a small group study?
Yes. Countless small groups and church classes have studied Getting Started, Getting Connected. It includes a small group leader’s guide with:
- Tips for leaders
- Step-by-step meeting plan
- Discussion questions for each chapter
What are some topics covered in "Getting Started, Getting Connected"?
In this book, you will read answers to common questions new believers ask such as:
- I keep sinning. Am I really saved?
- I struggle with doubts. Does God get mad at that?
- What does it mean to be baptized?
- I get confused when I read the Bible. What should I do?
- My mind drifts when I pray. How can I stay focused?
- How can I make genuine Christian friends?
- I feel awkward sharing my faith. What’s a good approach?
Why do readers say they like "Getting Started, Getting Connected"?
- It is practical, cross-cultural, and Bible-based.
- Text is broken into small, easily-digested portions.
- Points are clearly identified with headings, bullets, and check boxes.
- The writing style is direct and straight-forward.
- “Make it personal” questions help readers apply the lessons.
- Wire binding makes it easy to write in the book.