Doug Britton, M.Ed., MFT
Do you struggle with depression or discouragement? If so, this practical, Bible-based book can transform your life. Based on Doug Britton’s experience counseling thousands of people, it will help you:
- Discover underlying reasons for your depression.
- Identify and change your thought patterns.
- Turn problems into opportunities.
- Make close friends.
- Forgive others.
- Take steps to find joy.
Paperback: Wire “spiral” binding. 156 pages.
FREE shipping for orders over $50
Automatic 10% discount on orders over $50
Automatic 20% discount on orders over $100
“Doug’s books have been used in an incredible way in our church. Plus, they have made a big difference in my own marriage, family life and personal walk. I use them in teaching and preaching, and have made them available to my children. The thing I like about them is that they provide practical, reader-friendly tools and lessons not only on what to do, but how to do it. They get into your heart. I urge you to check out these materials. There’s subject matter that covers almost all areas of personal life.”
Senior Pastor, Capital Christian Center (Sacramento, CA)
How will reading “Conquering Depression” help me change?
This book doesn’t just tell you what to do. It shows you how to do it, with:
- Self-assessment quizzes to identify reasons for problems
- “Make it personal” questions throughout the book (with space to write your answers) that help you apply the lessons
- Exercises that help you overcome discouragement and depression
- Personal plans that help you change
Is this book cross-cultural?
Yes. Since it is based on the Bible, its truths apply to every racial and ethnic group.
Can I use this book for a small group study?
Yes. Conquering Depression includes a small group leader’s guide with:
- Tips for leaders
- Step-by-step meeting plan
What are some topics covered in “Conquering Depression”?
In these pages you will discover many Bible-based insights and practical tools. A few examples:
- Discover underlying reasons for your depression
- How to identify and change your thought patterns
- How to turn problems into opportunities
- Steps to making close friends
- How to forgive others
- Steps to finding joy
Why do readers say they like “Conquering Depression”?
- It is practical, cross-cultural, and Bible-based.
- Text is broken into small, easily-digested portions.
- Points are clearly identified with headings, bullets, and check boxes.
- The writing style is direct and straight-forward.
- “Make it personal” questions help readers apply the lessons.
- Wire binding makes it easy to write in the book.