“Criticism and rejection are devastating to multitudes of people. In fact, some go through life crushed because of other people’s words and actions. ‘Healing Life’s Hurts’ will help you discover insights from the Bible that will help you escape hurt feelings and live a joyful life, regardless of how others treat you.”
— Steve Brown, Former District Administrator and Director of HonorBound Men’s Ministries, AGNCN
How will reading Healing Life’s Hurts help me change?
This book doesn’t just tell you what to do. It shows you how to do it, with:
- Self-assessment quizzes to identify reasons for problems
- “Make it personal” questions throughout the book (with space to write your answers) that help you apply the lessons
- Exercises that help you overcome hurt feelings and self-pity
- Personal plans that help you change
Is this book cross-cultural?
Yes. Since it is based on the Bible, its truths apply to every racial and ethnic group.
Can I use this book for a small group study?
Yes. Healing Life’s Hurts includes a small group leader’s guide with:
- Tips for leaders
- Step-by-step meeting plan
What are some topics covered in Healing Life’s Hurts?
In these pages you will discover many Bible-based insights and practical tools. A few examples:
- What’s wrong with feeling sorry for yourself
- What the Bible says about self-pity
- How you can avoid taking things personally
- How you can break free from being influenced from others
- Ways you might set yourself up to be hurt (without realizing it)
- When—and how—you should respond to people who hurt you
Why do readers say they like Healing Life’s Hurts?
- It is practical, cross-cultural, and Bible-based.
- Text is broken into small, easily-digested portions.
- Points are clearly identified with headings, bullets, and check boxes.
- The writing style is direct and straight-forward.
- “Make it personal” questions help readers apply the lessons.
- Wire binding makes it easy to write in the book.
You know what it feels like when other people hurt or disappoint you
You may have felt ignored or rejected, heard cruel words, experienced physical abuse, suffered sexual abuse, been raped, or gone through countless other experiences.
It’s easy to respond by becoming depressed, self-condemning, bitter, or angry
When someone does or says something hurtful, it’s normal to react with self-pity, anger, insecurity, or hurt feelings. You don’t need to feel guilty for having these reactions. As you will see in this Bible-based, cross-cultural book, God’s word shows us how to move beyond our hurts and enter into his peace.
The insights in Healing Life’s Hurts offer you freedom from hurt feelings
Whatever your situation, and no matter how sensitive a person you may be, you can learn how to have a victorious attitude and live a joyful life. Jesus said:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)
I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. (John 15:11)
The same practical, biblical truths that have helped thousands of people can help you when you are hurt by your parents, friends, boyfriend or girlfriend, spouse, teachers, fellow students, coworkers, your peer group, or others,