Overcoming Jealousy and Insecurity
Doug Britton, M.Ed., MFT
Do you have trouble with jealousy and insecurity? This short Bible-based book, based on Doug Britton’s experience counseling thousands of people, will help you:
- Understand why you are insecure.
- Avoid taking things personally.
- Trust God.
- Take steps when you have been wronged.
- Build trust in your relationships.
- Forgive others.
Paperback: Wire “spiral” binding. 84 pages.
FREE shipping for orders over $50
Automatic 10% discount on orders over $50
Automatic 20% discount on orders over $100
“I read your books ‘Overcoming Jealousy and Insecurity’ and ‘Victory over Grumpiness, Irritation, and Anger.’ God has used these books to revolutionize my life.
Due to my childhood experiences and work experience in exotic strip clubs, I had become a very, very damaged, jealous, and insecure woman. I didn’t realize this until this year. I also never realized until now how I allowed anger and the spirit of irritation to take hold of me so easily.
Due to working in strip clubs, my image of men is very distorted. This has become a major issue in my marriage. I unconsciously transfer this negative image of men onto my husband. This distortion caused me to be very insecure and jealous of my husband. Whenever I would see my husband looking at women, my mind would tell me that he desired them. Lusted for them. This caused many arguments. Our marriage has been an atomic bomb. Exploding all the time.
Your books were an answer to prayer! They are just what the Lord ordered. Thanks so much for these books.”
— Name withheld by request
How will reading “Overcoming Jealousy and Insecurity” help me change?
This book doesn’t just tell you what to do. It shows you how to do it, with:
- Self-assessment quizzes to identify reasons for problems
- “Make it personal” questions throughout the book (with space to write your answers) that help you apply the lessons
- Exercises that help you overcome jealousy and insecurity
- Personal plans that help you change
Is this book cross-cultural?
Yes. Since it is based on the Bible, its truths apply to every racial and ethnic group.
Can I use this book for a small group study?
Yes. Overcoming Jealousy and Insecurity includes a small group leader’s guide with:
- Tips for leaders
- Step-by-step meeting plan
What are some topics covered in “Overcoming Jealousy and Insecurity”?
In these pages you will discover many Bible-based insights and practical tools. A few examples:
- How to evaluate your own insecurity
- How to avoid taking things personally
- Practical ways to trust God
- Steps to take when you have been wronged
- How to build trust in your relationships
- Steps in forgiveness
Why do readers say they like “Overcoming Jealousy and Insecurity”?
- It is practical, cross-cultural, and Bible-based.
- Text is broken into small, easily-digested portions.
- Points are clearly identified with headings, bullets, and check boxes.
- The writing style is direct and straight-forward.
- “Make it personal” questions help readers apply the lessons.
- Wire binding makes it easy to write in the book.
Are you jealous or insecure? If so, you know that jealousy and insecurity can be crippling. And you know that jealousy and insecurity can destroy your self-image and threaten your close relationships, even if you are a Christian.
If you are accused of looking at others or having an affair, but you haven’t done anything wrong, you know how damaging these false accusations can be.
This book can help any relationship. Although Overcoming Jealousy and Insecurity was written with marriage in mind, most of its insights and suggestions can help you with your parents, siblings, fiancée, or other friends.