God knows handling money is challenging
That’s why there are so many verses about it in the Bible. In Putting Money in its Place, you will discover practical, biblical advice that will help you no matter what your financial situation is.
Putting Money in its Place goes deeper than practical financial guidelines. It challenges your attitudes and values about money and finances.
Whether you are healthy financially, struggling with debt, or facing a crisis, these pages will give you hope, encouragement, and practical advice to help you handle your finances and money God’s way.
Do you and your spouse disagree about finances?
Do any of these complaints sound familiar?
- “What’s wrong with borrowing money? We can pay it back.”
- “We’re drowning in debt. I can’t stand it.”
- “She couldn’t save a dime to save her life.”
- “My spouse won’t put my name on the bank account.”
- “He’s a tightwad. I have to beg for money to buy clothes for the kids.”
- “She won’t keep track of her spending.”
- “Our house is falling apart, but he only spends money on his hobbies.”
- “Now that we are retired, we can’t agree on how to spend our savings.”
- “I want to give more to the church, but she’s always fighting me about it.”
- “He’s a dreamer. We’re almost bankrupt, but he says things are okay.”
If some of these complaints sound familiar, don’t be discouraged. Many couples voice similar frustrations every day. Even if you don’t criticize your spouse or get into arguments over money, you may face a common problem — too many expenses and not enough money.
In Putting Money in its Place, you will discover —
- How your attitudes affect your finances
- How to make decisions as a team
- Questions to ask yourself before you buy something
- What to do when one of you is a spendthrift
- What to do when one of you is a tightwad
- How to get out of debt
- How to stay out of debt
- What the Bible says about giving and tithing
- The difference between hoarding and saving
- Step-by-step guidelines to make a budget or spending plan
This book is biblical, practical, and easy to read
“Make it personal” questions are scattered throughout Putting Money in its Place to help you apply its Bible-based advice in your marriage. It is comprehensive, yet reader-friendly.
Memory verses invite action. Each chapter begins with a memory verse, since memorizing God’s word changes our hearts and helps us follow his ways.
It is ideal for individuals, couples, and small groups
You can read Putting Money in its Place on your own, with your spouse, or in a small group. It is perfect for a six-week study.
Guidelines for small group leaders and discussion questions for each chapter are found at the back of the book. (Read more about using this book in a small group or church marriage ministry.)
This book is part of the “Marriage by the Book” series
You can study Putting Money in its Place on its own. In addition, you may be interested in the other books in the “Marriage by the Book” series. Although these books bulid on each other, each book stands as a complete book by itself.
The eight books are —
- Laying a Solid Foundation
- Making Christ the Cornerstone
- Encouraging Your Spouse
- Extending Grace to Your Mate
- Talking with Respect and Love
- Improving Your Teamwork
- Putting Money in its Place
- Celebrating Intimacy and Romance