Free shipping for orders over $30
Automatic discounts for orders over $50
Celebrating Intimacy and Romance
- Discover God’s plan for you to have fun making love.
- Learn the difference between “making love” and “having sex.”
- See why the world’s picture of sex is ultimately unsatisfying.
- Find freedom from anything that stops you from fully enjoying sex.
- Overcome your sexual sins—past or present.
- Find healing from rape and sexual abuse.
“I would like to recommend the ‘Marriage by the Book’ series by Doug Britton. These books are well written, engaging, and Biblically-based, with numerous insights from Doug’s years of counseling couples. I especially like the many practical, down-to-earth suggestions he offers. Get the series, do the study and exercises, and then watch what happens!”
Associate Pastor, Arcade Church (Sacramento, CA)
“’Marriage by the Book’ is a wonderful tool to help even the best of marriages become better. Doug has provided practical everyday applications of God’s wonderful instruction book for all married couples. Many times it feels as if Doug has been sitting in our home as we have dealt with the issues he addresses. Every married couple should go through this series at least once. We have been married over 35 years, and the last two years since we have been involved with ‘Marriage by the Book’ have been the best by far … and they are just getting better.”
Bob and April Basura
Small Group Leaders
“Doug Britton has written some of the most relevant resources for dealing with real-life issues. You’ll appreciate the caliber of the content, the interactive approach, and the dynamic results that follow these resources.”
District Administrator, NCN HonorBound Men’s Ministries
“Practical! Practical! Practical! ‘Marriage by the Book’ is for couples who really want a strong marriage. Doug Britton puts the cookies on a shelf where it’s easy to reach them, using the Bible plus simple exercises to do it! I recommend every couple go through this series in a ‘date night’ or in a small group with other couples.”
Ed.D., Chair, Board of Trustees, Western Seminary (Portland, OR)
How will reading "Celebrating Intimacy and Romance" help us change?
This book doesn’t just tell you what to do. It shows you how to do it, with:
- Self-assessment quizzes to identify reasons for problems
- “Make it personal” questions throughout the book (with space to write your answers) that help you apply the lessons
- Exercises you and your spouse can do together
- Personal plans to help you grow in six key areas of your marriage
Is "Celebrating Intimacy and Romance" only for troubled marriages?
Nope. It is for every kind of marriage, great to not-so-great. Whatever your situation, you will find practical insights and tools that will help your marriage flourish and grow.
Is this book for new marriages or long-time marriages?
Its practical, Bible-based advice will strengthen and bless your marriage, whether you are newlyweds or you have been married for decades.
Is this book cross-cultural?
Yes. Since it is based on the Bible, its truths apply to every racial and ethnic group. When you place your order, you can choose a multicultural cover or an African-American cover.
Can we use this marriage book for a small group study?
Yes. Celebrating Intimacy and Romance includes a small group leader’s guide with:
- Tips for leaders
- Step-by-step meeting plan
- Discussion questions for each chapter
What are some topics covered in "Celebrating Intimacy and Romance"?
In these pages you will discover many Bible-based insights and practical tools. A few examples:
- The Bible’s view of sex
- The difference between “making love” and “having sex”
- Why the world’s picture of sex is ultimately unsatisfying
- Steps to overcome sexual sins — past or present
- Steps to find healing from rape and sexual abuse
- Guidelines regarding oral sex, sex toys, and other activities
What if my spouse won't read this book with me?
It’s ideal if you both read this book. However, if your spouse doesn’t want to join you, don’t say, “I’ll read it, but only if you will.” Instead, learn how to be the best husband or wife possible. God can perform miracles in your personal life—and in your marriage—even if you study on your own.
Why do so many marriages have problems?
That’s a great question. After all, most marriages start out with two people who are certain they can craft a wonderful union. Yet as the years go by, many never experience the passionate, joyful life they expected. After helping approximately 1,000 marriages, Bible-based Marriage and Family Therapist Doug Britton says a key reason is that most people do not know the Bible’s instructions about how to create a great Christian marriage—or they don’t know how to apply the instructions.
Why do readers say they like "Celebrating Intimacy and Romance"?
- It is practical, cross-cultural, and Bible-based.
- Text is broken into small, easily-digested portions.
- Points are clearly identified with headings, bullets, and check boxes.
- The writing style is direct and straight-forward.
- Real-life stories and examples illustrate key points.
- “Make it personal” questions help couples apply the lessons.
- Each chapter is summarized at the end of the chapter.
- Wire binding makes it easy to write in the book.
Enjoy a thrilling romantic and sexual relationship. This Bible-based book on sex, romance, and sexuality will help you enjoy a thrilling sexual relationship. Read God’s plan for married Christian couples to join together, body and soul, in sexual intimacy. And discover timeless truths that will help you escape the world’s corrupting influences and enjoy a delightful sexual relationship.
If you already have a wonderful friendship and sex life, Celebrating Intimacy and Romance will help you find even greater intimacy and enjoy love, playfulness and tenderness, just like Solomon and his beloved in the Song of Solomon.
If you are dealing with guilt, negative feelings about sex, or pain from your past, this book will help you find freedom. Its insights and practical biblical advice will help you overcome the effects of sexual abuse, rape, pornography, or your own sexual sins—past or present. You can look forward to discovering how to make love with joy.
Part of the “Marriage by the Book” Series
Many couples and small groups read all eight books. However, each book also stands complete by itself. Click on the following links to read about each book: