Free shipping for orders over $30
Automatic discounts for orders over $50
First Things First
- Learn who God is.
- Understand salvation.
- Learn what God wants from every believer.
- Read the Bible with understanding.
- Understand our sinful nature.
- Look forward to heaven.
How will reading "First Things First" help me change?
This book doesn’t just talk about the Bible’s truths. It helps you interact with these truths and shows you how to do it, with:
- Self-assessment quizzes
- “Make it personal” and “what do you think” questions throughout the book (with space to write your answers)
- Personal plans that help you grow in your walk with God
Is this book cross-cultural?
Yes. Since it is based on the Bible, its truths apply to every racial and ethnic group.
Can I use this book for a small group study?
Yes. Countless small groups and church classes have studied First Things First. It includes a small group leader’s guide with:
- Tips for leaders
- Step-by-step meeting plan
- Discussion questions for each chapter
What are some topics covered in "First Things First"?
In these pages you will learn the answers to key questions. For example:
- Who or what is God?
- What’s wrong with everybody?
- How can we get straightened out?
- What does God want from me?
- What’s up with the Bible?
- What happens after you die?
Why do readers say they like "First Things First"?
- It is practical, cross-cultural, and Bible-based.
- Text is broken into small, easily-digested portions.
- Points are clearly identified with headings, bullets, and check boxes.
- The writing style is direct and straight-forward.
- “Make it personal” questions help readers apply the lessons.
- Wire binding makes it easy to write in the book.
We live in an age of individuality. Instead of looking to anyone as an ultimate expert, many people pick and choose what to think or believe. Many of us have become “professional skeptics.” We have trouble thinking there is such a thing as absolute truth. We say, “Everything is relative.”
God looks at things differently. There is truth. When we hold to it, it sets us free from sin and error. As Jesus said:
If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. (John 8:31-32).
The problem for many Christians is that they don’t know what the Bible says, or they try to mix its truths in with other “spiritual” ideas from our culture. God warned about rejecting his knowledge when he said:
My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. “Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests.” (Hosea 4:6)
Dig into six key truths about God. In First Things First, you will read six foundational truths about God, his love, and your relationship with him — truths that can transform your life. These essential truths are straight from the Bible.
Part of the “Growing in Christ” series
This is the first book in the “Growing in Christ” series. The three books are: