Strengthening Your Marriage
Doug Britton, M.Ed., MFT
Strengthen and revitalize your marriage as you do the twelve weekly exercises in this practical, biblical book. Based on Doug Britton’s experience counseling approximately 1,000 married couples, it will help you:
- Compliment each other every day.
- Serve each other in a special way.
- Plan a date both of you will enjoy.
- Read the Bible together.
- Pray together.
- Do a project together at home.
Paperback: Wire “spiral” binding. 168 pages.
FREE shipping for orders over $50
Automatic 10% discount on orders over $50
Automatic 20% discount on orders over $100
How will reading “Strengthening Your Marriage” help us change?
This book doesn’t just tell you what to do. It shows you how to do it, with:
- Self-assessment quizzes to identify reasons for problems
- “Make it personal” questions throughout the book (with space to write your answers) that help you apply the lessons
- Bible-based exercises you and your spouse can do together
- Personal plans to help you grow in twelve key areas of your marriage
Is “Strengthening Your Marriage” only for troubled marriages?
Nope. It is for every kind of marriage, great to not-so-great. Whatever your situation is, you will find practical insights and tools that will help your marriage flourish and grow.
Is this book for new marriages or long-time marriages?
Its practical, Bible-based advice will strengthen and bless your marriage, whether you are newlyweds or you have been married for decades.
Is this book cross-cultural?
Yes. Since it is based on the Bible, its truths apply to every racial and ethnic group.
Can we use this marriage book for a small group study?
Yes. It includes a small group leader’s guide with:
- Tips for leaders
- Step-by-step meeting plan
This book gives you practical ideas about how to strengthen your marriage in twelve ways. A few examples:
- How to compliment each other every day for a week.
- How to serve each other in a special way every day for a week.
- How to plan a special date, one both of you will enjoy.
- How to read the Bible together every day for a week.
- How to pray together every day for a week.
- How to do a project together at home as friends.
What if my spouse won’t read this book with me?
It’s ideal if you both read this book. However, if your spouse doesn’t want to join you, don’t say, “I’ll read it, but only if you will.” Instead, learn how to be the best husband or wife possible. God can perform miracles in your personal life—and in your marriage—even if you study on your own.
Is this a good book for pre-marriage mentoring?
Yes. It covers key truths couples need to know at the beginning of their journey together.
Why do so many marriages have problems?
That’s a great question. After all, most marriages start out with two people who are certain they can craft a wonderful union. Yet as the years go by, many never experience the passionate, joyful life they expected. After helping approximately 1,000 marriages, Bible-based Marriage and Family Therapist Doug Britton says a key reason is that most people do not know the Bible’s instructions about how to create a great Christian marriage—or they don’t know how to apply the instructions.
Why do readers say they like “Strengthening Your Marriage”?
- It is practical, cross-cultural, and Bible-based.
- Text is broken into small, easily-digested portions.
- Points are clearly identified with headings, bullets, and check boxes.
- The writing style is direct and straight-forward.
- “Make it personal” questions help readers apply the lessons.
- Wire binding makes it easy to write in the book.
Regain, refresh, and sustain your love for each other.
For thousands of years, countless couples have discovered the togetherness that comes from working, having fun, and praying together.
The Bible describes two couples who did it right.
Priscilla and Aquila were a close team. They made tents and preached the gospel together. The Shulammite woman and King Solomon fanned the flames of their romance by going away for a vacation in the country.
This practical, Bible-based book borrows from their examples and also draws upon many other scriptural lessons. It describes twelve exercises that will help you enjoy a growing, joyful marriage.
As you pray, work, and have fun together week-by-week, you will develop habits for a lifetime—habits that will help you avoid getting into a rut or growing apart.